ICMTEL 2016 has been published in EUDL
The 1st EAI International Conference on Multimedia Technology and Enhanced Learning
Follow us on Twitter at #ICMTEL2016
Aims and Scope
Some new technology such as Multimedia and Internet of Things has brought opportunities for Technology Enhanced Learning. Multimedia is an important intelligence function in learning technology which range from Smart School, Smart Class to Smart Learning at Home and so on. Accordingly, the assessment and evaluation methods need to be developed and involved into the interactive designing process. These new technologies made it is possible to use the multimedia technology replace the traditional teaching method. With the development of Internet of Things, Technology Enhanced Learning application pays greater attention to the interconnection between multi-modal interactive technologies and information systems to the maximum extent possible. Based on these new technologies, the network of different scales from the global to local, has a profound impact on learning and teaching. It enables new forms of cooperation and the reality of personalized learning experience. Then, it can be seen that further efficient management and deeper analysis of Technology Enhanced Learning are the key tasks in developing Smart School or individual learning application at home based gadget on multimedia technologies.
This special issue calls for high quality, up-to-date technology related to Multimedia in Technology Enhanced Learning and serves as a forum for researchers all over the world to discuss their works and recent advances in this field. In particular, the special issue is going to showcase the most recent achievements and developments in multimodal interactive technologies for Technology Enhanced Learning. Both theoretical studies and state-of-the-art practical applications are welcome for submission. All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed and selected on the basis of both their quality and their relevance to the theme of this special issue.
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- All accepted papers will be submitted for publication in Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries.
- Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Selected papers will be recommended to the following EI & SCI Indexed Journals after the conferences
- EI Indexed Journals:
- Int. J. of Advanced Media and Communication(IJAMC)
- International Journal of Arts and Technology (IJART)
- SCI Indexed Journal(s):
- ACM/Springer Mobile Networks & Applications (MONET) (IF: 1.045)
- The conference will include a number of supporting workshops (a call for workshops will be made).
- The papers will be included in the EAI Transactions
Topics of interest include (but not limited to):
- Multimedia Technology
- Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis
- Intelligent User Interface
- Pattern Recognition and Computer Vision
- Virtual Reality/ Augmented Reality and Human-Computer Interaction
- Social Computing and Social Media
- Mobile Technologies
- Roomware, Ambient Displays and Wearable Devices
- eLearning Specifications and Standards
- Learning Analytics
- Context-Aware Systems
- Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning
- Teaching Techniques and Strategies for Online Learning
- Learner Motivation and Engagement
- Evaluation Methods for Technology Enhanced Learning
- Cognitive Mechanisms in Knowledge Acquisition and Construction
- Self-Regulated and Self-Directed Learning
- Global Learning Communities
- Lifelong Learning
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC)
- Accessible Learning for All
- Visual, Hearing and Physical Impairments
- Cloud Computing Platform Based BigData Mining
- Multimedia Communications, Visual Signal Processing and 3D Video Pre/Post-processing
- Wireless and Internet-of-Things Technology for Learning
- Serious Game for Education
- Pervasive Wireless Communication
- Human Element of Learning System Design